10.02.2005

nekkid pics!

naked kate my dad has been taking all of the boxes of old slides and converting them to disc. for me it is a treasure trove of photos of my childhood, my family, and my friends. places and people i had forgotten. proof that i was a mostly happy kid. and a cute kid. and often a very very weird kid. it also means that there are now nekkid pics of me on the internet. many thanks to banky for pointing that out. for folks who want to see more of these, check out my dads flickr photos.







kate and bear sneer tire swing



cape codder this might be my all-time favorite photo of the batch. my family is on vacation on cape cod. my mom says it looks so weird because it was our first attempt with the self-timer. i think it looks weird because my family was often uncomfortable with standing still, so to sit and stare at the camera was unnatural for us. i remember my childhood as constant motion. projects and plans and action. i am sure that we had our still moments. from the pics, i am pretty sure that i spent all of those moments asleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that last one is just screaming out "GIT OFF OUR PROPERTY!!"

sweet!

Ricardo De Lima said...

these are so painterly and beautiful. where have you gone kodachrome.

banky said...

Yeah, Banky gets a shout-out!