2.03.2006

gains and losses...

no, not really. let's just say it wasn't the best of weeks. nor was it the worst. it might be a little out of place above the picture of me jauntily posing in kate's huge underwear, but i'm feeling introspective tonight, so if you're just here for the laughs, you might want to move along. i'm sure there will be more shenanigans and hijinks soon enough, stay tuned.

"
Love is never any better than the lover. Wicked people love wickedly, violent people love violently, weak people love weakly, stupid people love stupidly, but the love of a free man is never safe."
from "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison

i worry a lot about the kind of love i give - is it wicked or violent or weak or stupid? or is it just flawed and imperfect and complicated? i know that sometimes my love comes out all wrong, it gets twisted up inside and i don't know how to untangle it. all i know for sure is that my loved ones make me want to be a better person so i can better return the love that's shown to me (even when that love comes out messy or mean or confused...). i hope i'm on the right path. if the people who love me are any indication, i'm pretty sure i am.

thank you all for loving me so well.

3 comments:

MDG said...

I don't mind the wicked, violent love. Most of the time. It hasn't cause any bodily harm yet.

kathryn said...

i think we all get and give all the different kinds of love. it's a strange thing. but you only get my good love, scoutie!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what kind of love I have either, but I'll send you some anyway.

*hugs*