1.22.2006

finally -- an update!

okay, so i am finally caving to all the peer pressure, and doing a little update. sorry folks. i suppose having a blog is much like having a pet -- it needs constant care and feeding. thankfully the blog, unlike the pets, seems to have no problem "keeping it in the box". trixie, on the other hand..

i made it through the holidays just fine. my sis came down and we did some nifty art projects for gifts for the family. when i finally get the pics uploaded, i'll post 'em. they turned out really nice. spent some time at my dad's house. ate a lot of food. spent scoutie's bday (otherwise known as new years eve) eating yet more food and watching a foot and a half of dvd's.

the crime lab continues to be odd. the joy this month is that somehow they let the maintenance contract for the air conditioning lapse. so we can't get it fixed. in the whole damn lab. and who gets to hear all of the complaints about this? me, of course. am i the facilities manager? nope. just lucky i guess. crime is up in massachusetts right now. gun violence is particularly up. watch your backs, folks. could be a dangerous year.

in other news... most of you have heard that i have an underwear buying problem. i own more than 100 pairs of panties, over 75 bras in a rainbow of colors. and the money i have spent on all of this (i have expensive tastes) could probably feed a small nation. it is a problem i am getting mostly under control since my finances got tight. now, what most of you probably *don't* know is that i have a deeper, darker, underwear problem. one i am ashamed of. one i can't control no matter how had i try. my problem is this:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE UNDERWEAR I WEAR.

i have been wearing underwear on and off for 35 years. and somehow i still have no sense of what i wear. a 6? 7? 8? medium? large? extra large? i can't figure it out. so i have an entire bag of never worn underwear in my room that just isn't my size.

lately, perhaps overestimating my recent weight gain, i have been buying underwear that would fit *around* an entire small nation. really big. at that size, it isn't called "underwear" anymore. it sure isn't "panties". it's just plain ol' big underpants.

here's shayne wearing my latest mistake:

big underpants

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That reminds me of the gigantor undies that my mom used to wear. It could similarly be dubbed "A Leviathan of Cotton". At least you know that should you ever acquire super powers, you'll have no trouble wearing it ouside of your clothes.

bandit said...

i prefer to call them GIGUNDIES.

Duffless said...

Pure Hilarity!

David said...

My great grandmother used to soak her underwear JUST LIKE THOSE in the bathroom sink when I was a kid. Except, I don't think that I knew they were underwear then. I thought they were just some big brown science experiment going on, bubbling up to the surface when no one was looking.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see this picture I dissolve in the giggles.

Anonymous said...

I am teh giggling too. Awesome...